Data protection is about your fundamental right to privacy. You can access and correct data about yourself. Those who keep data about you have to comply with data protection principles. This site gives information on individuals' rights and on organisations' responsibilities. It also gives you guidance on how the rights and principles apply in different practical situations like for example in the workplace or the use of CCTV. I hope you find this website useful and my office is always willing to provide assistance.
Data Protection Commissioner
- 28/3/14 - Guidance to Political Parties on Electronic Direct Marketing in upcoming Elections
- 21/3/2014 - Data Protection Commissioner welcomes publication by An Garda Síochána of data protection audit.
- 26/2/14 Strategy Statement 2014 - 2016
- 27/1/14 - Press Release: Council of Europe Data Protection Day 28 January 2014: Results of Data Protection Public Awareness Survey released.
- 2/1/14 -Snapchat Data Security Breach
- 19/12/13 - Updated Guidance on the use of "cookies".
- 13/12/13 - Office for Internet Safety - Updated Parental guides for Internet Safety
- 2/12/13 - Guidance for charities and members of the public on charitable donations by TEXT (SMS).
- 22/11/13 - Data Breach at Loyaltybuild: Update
- 13/11/13 Press Release - Data Breach at Loyaltybuild: Update